Decontamination of biowaste is essential to ensure that pathogenic organisms which can pose a risk to the environment are neutralized. Companies dealing in biowaste decontamination systems should ensure that all active organisms are completely neutralized and the effluent pH & temperature are within acceptable ranges prior to discharge. Decontamination can be done in either in batches or in a continuous process.
- Batch Process: Heat, hold and cool a finite amount of material on batch basis
- Continuous: Constant process stream with heat recovery
Panorama has designed unique bio-waste decontamination solutions aimed at decontaminating effluents containing viruses, bacteria and other bio-hazards.
- Control of the inactivation parameters (temperature-time)
- Appropriate selection of materials of construction as per biowaste content
- All-welded tubular design avoids any risk of cross contamination
- PLC-controlled cycles and records
- Conformity with pharmaceutical guidelines
- Compact design, easy operations and low maintenance
Panorama designs continuous heat treatment or sterilization systems especially dedicated to the sterilization of nutritional media before culture.
We also design inactivation systems for inactivation of hazardous media.
Types of Decontamination Systems:
Out of the various types of biowaste decontamination systems, we have explained a few as below:
- Thermal Tubular Decontamination Systems:
Special thermal tubular decontamination systems are designed to satisfy the requirements of vaccine makers and laboratories working with pathogens and to provide them with a level of safety and reliability unmatched by other classical solutions (batch or chemical treatment).
- Large scale Biowaste Decontamination Systems:
Compact and skid-mounted decontamination plants combine the best features of heat treatment with both best components and raw materials to ensure a perfect inactivation of the biowaste.
FOCUS ON SAFETY:
- Redundant control of the inactivation parameters (temperature-time)
- Construction materials chosen in respect of the aggressiveness of the agents present in the biowaste
- All-welded tubular design to avoid any risk of cross contamination
- PLC-controlled cycles (level controlled automatic start-up and shut-down, cleaning cycles) and records.
- CGMP design, conformity with CFR and pharmaceutical guidelines
- Lab Decontamination Plants:
The small-scale decontamination plant is very compact and designed to fit into a very tight space. Gathering all features of the large-scale system, this unit has been specifically adapted to meet labs and research facilities’ requirements.
- Electrical heating technology (no steam, no condensates)
- Unique sterilization scheme to kill all types of pathogens
- PLC-controlled cycles for a very simple and secure use
- Perfect tracking of the cycles (visual control of the operations in real time and recording of the past cycles)
- Unit easy to service
- Cost effective
- Purchasing budget affordable for labs
Process & Design engineering:
Panorama’s engineering department team of experts will assist you from the basic design of your plant at an early stage of the project by providing you PID, layout and 3-D drawings & also by advising you on the utilities to choose the more profitable solutions.
Our process design solutions will allow you to be sure that your equipment will be made in compliance with your requirements during the design and manufacturing stages (deliveries of detailed mechanical, electrical, fluid and control designs, calculations and data-sheets of components), and during the testing and commissioning (complete documentation package).
Why Panorama for Biowaste decontamination solutions?
- Standard units for optimized investment budgets
- Fast track delivery for Life Sciences decontamination systems and on stock for lab decontamination units
- Short commissioning time (from 1 to 5 days for standard systems)
- Reduced validation time for a quick start of production