Basic engineering packages
The basic engineering package (BEP) provides necessary information to integrate new units into an existing process.
The simple basis for a basic engineering project is developed in the preceding conceptual design work. The separation process is examined, making use of the available know-how both in-house or on your side, data from data banks, and pilot tests.
Before planning the construction of an industrial plant, a complete engineering study package is needed which consists of several engineering specialties such as:
- Process description
- Detailed process flow diagrams
- P&ID’s, heat and mass, material balance
- Equipment process specifications & Utility list
- Process control description
- Instrument process specifications
- PSV’s and flare loading specifications
- Material of construction diagrams
- Detailed operating instructions
A company implementing BEP adapts the contents of the basic engineering according to the chosen scope of supply, ranging from the delivery of key equipment to the provision of a complete skid-mounted unit.
According to the nature of construction of projects, engineering studies will include all or part of the following steps:
Basic Engineering Design (BED) covering:
It consists of conceptual process studies (material balances, process flowsheets etc) and preliminary plot plan. Basic engineering design documentation covers different operating scenarios in terms of product or capacity variation, feed, offering design solutions for each of the requested cases. It also contains information about all auxiliary facilities essential for the proper operation of the main processing unit, which consists of special loading/unloading systems, waste disposal systems, solvent facilities, regeneration systems, feed preparation facilities, etc.
- Preliminary Piping and Instrument Diagrams.
- Process specifications which include defining and sizing of main equipments.
- Effluents specification.
- Definition of safety and control devices.
- All basic studies containing all data needed by a competent contractor company to perform the Detail Engineering.
Front End Engineering Design (FEED) covering:
FEED involves mechanical data sheets of the main equipment, typically initiating from the process specifications issued during the BED phase and incorporating the specific requirements of codes and standards to be applied to the project in question.
- Thermal rating of heat exchangers.
- Preparing tender packages for the main equipment.
- Development of process and utility piping.
- Developing Instrument Diagrams released for detail engineering.
- Development of detailed plot plans and hazardous areas.
- Elaborating of the main piping, instrument, electrical and civil works layouts.
- All studies to be performed before ordering the main equipment.
Detail Engineering, covering:
- Purchasing of equipment, main and bulk.
- Thermal rating of heat exchangers.
- Development of Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs) released for construction.
- Development of detailed piping drawings, including isometrics and stress calculations.
- Development of detailed drawings related to instrumentation, electrical facilities and civil works.
- Management of vendor drawings.
- Cost and schedule control.
- Start-up procedures.
- All studies to be performed before construction of the plant.
Based on research and data collected from our experience, expertise in operation, Panorama’s BEP documentation for industrial units is updated with the latest process improvements. Panorama’s expertise in revamping existing units by finding innovative solutions for modernizing old facilities is well known & appreciated in the industry . Our teams of experts also reconfigure the processing scheme, design & execute unique technologies.